Lead Service Technician – Bergen, NY
Full Time Position
(right click and open in a separate tab)
Are you a Service Technician looking to advance your career?
Receive up to a $4,000 Sign-On, Stay-On Bonus through December 31st, 2022!
Come join the team at Leonard Bus Sales, a family-owned dealership and recognized leader in the distribution and support of quality school buses in New York who is looking for immediate hires of automotive or diesel technicians.
- Work on well-maintained vehicles in a clean, well-lit, state of the art facility
- Flexible schedules (4) 10-hour days or (5) 8-hour days for all technicians
- Paid on the job training and certification
- Opportunity for technician advancement
- Paid time off available after your first day
- Great benefit package and competitive pay
- Tool, boot, and safety glass allowances provided to all technicians
- CDL reimbursement
- Up to $2,000 referral bonus
This position will serve as a strategic partner to the Service Manager, Service Advisor, and the larger LBS team by providing shop leadership and technical support to the Service Technician staff; ensuring maximum productivity, profitability, efficiency, quality control, and alignment with company and departmental goals and guidelines. Looking for an individual to foster, manage, and promote positive internal and external relationships through excellent communication and customer service while assisting in the development of and adherence to sound practices and processes.
- Provides leadership to shop personnel and advises and assists Service Technicians in complex major repairs; inspecting completed work and providing mechanical assistance and training as needed.
- Examines buses to determine malfunctions and repairs required and notifies supervisors of needed repair.
- Performs complex vehicle and component diagnosis, testing, repair, rebuild, and replacement as required and assigned; including but not limited to: diesel, gas, and propane engines and related components; transmissions; brake systems; steering; suspension; cooling systems; wheel chair lifts, electrical, lighting, and safety systems; pneumatic, hydraulic, and air systems; and on-board diagnostics.
- Inspects new buses after repairs to ensure all work has been carried out to the highest standard prior to delivery to the customer.
- Fosters positive departmental culture and relationships with department staff.
Minimum Requirements of the position are:
- High school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by appropriate technical courses and related experience. Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible, advanced level, dealership Service experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of diesel engine experience; providing advanced diesel engine knowledge, preferable with International and/or Cummins engines and minimum of two (2) years of air brake experience; providing advanced air brake knowledge.
- Computer proficiency in web-based programs and applications, Microsoft Office Suite applications and related departmental software, to include researching and looking up information.
- Ability to install advanced bus options including electrical, electronics and required programming.
- Advanced experience using diagnostic computer systems.
- Familiar with NYS DOT Regulations.
- Demonstrates advanced technical and mechanical product knowledge.
Certifications or Licenses Required:
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (with the proper endorsements) for New York State or for the state of residence, which must be maintained throughout employment – OR – active driver’s license with ability to obtain said CDL license within 6 months of employment.
- Highest level of certification available through company represented vehicle and engine manufacturers must be maintained throughout employment.
- A.S.E. certification in bus or heavy truck repair highly desired.
More than great buses, your partner and trusted advisor.